Cash flow is always tight for growing businesses. No wonder – there’s tax to pay. Your staff all want more money. Suppliers demand price increases at the slightest excuse. And customers don’t pay on time like they used to.
Now, after 30 years of helping businesses increase sales, reduce costs and make cash flow worries a thing of the past, I’ve collected some of my favourite strategies in this special guide for business owners – there’s no confusing technical language, no complicated processes to follow and you won’t even need a calculator.
Just dive in anywhere you like – this is a guide for business owners, not a novel that needs to be read from front to back – and start making big changes in minutes.
Inside Cash Flow Surge: 101 No-Cost and Low-Cost Fast-Action Strategies to Boost Your Business Cash Flow you’ll discover:
- how hitting targets can cost you sales…an insight from a CEO voted The Most Admired Manager of the 20th Century by a top American business magazine (Strategy 90)
- where you can cut costs by up to 90% without affecting sales or customer service…in fact, customers usually love it when you do this (Strategy 41)
- the completely free five-minute check which pinpoints the biggest problems in your business (Strategy 66)
- how to build sales and cash flow at warp speed, and at close to zero cost, by taking a leaf out an iconic Scottish soft drink company’s playbook (Strategy 95)
- how anchors maximise the value of each sale you make…and you don’t even need to sell boats to benefit (Strategy 11)
- how one car manufacturer, known for its robot-powered factories, dramatically reduced costs without automation…it makes perfect sense when you know why (Strategy 20)
- the “undertaker’s secret” that’s a reliable sign of exactly where, without realising it, your business is likely to be overspending (Strategy 61)
…and many, many more.
The strategies in Cash Flow Surge require little or no upfront investment. And they pay off fast, so the risk is close to zero and your potential upside huge. That way, you grow faster and make more money…without taking on extra debt or having to give away a share of your business to get the funding you need.
With cash in the bank you answer to no-one. You have the freedom to run your business the way you want. Cash Flow Surge shows you 101 ways to get it.
This book is refreshingly accessible for business generalists who don’t have a finance background. I have taken some of the tips and built them into my business already. I like the dip in and out format, and the fact that each piece of wisdom is based on lots of experience from the author. Highly recommended.Alison Freer
This doesn’t read like a typical finance book. It’s way more useful. Broken down into digestible, easy to follow nuggets of insight, this book is essential reading for those who (like myself) wouldn’t consider themselves accountant material, but keen to learn more about how to improve financial stability. It’s easy to forget that simple steps can provide the most benefit.Carl Panteny
Cash flow is any issue for many businesses even in normal times. Here is a source of great ideas from someone who really knows their stuff.Richard Hussey
Highly recommended for any business. We found implementable solutions on the very first day.Panoptika Partners
No matter what size business you work in you need to be speaking to your finance team. It can feel intimidating if figures are not your strong point but this book provides some great ice breakers & some simple ways to open up a dialogue.Simon Swan
Worth every penny. Thought I would blow quickly through it. Instead got lots of great ideas and things to think about. Also lots of material for my @dalmba finance classes. Great practical advice that is deceptive in its simplicity. Highly recommend.Rick Nason
This book can mean the difference between success and failure for a business. I’ve read it through twice and continue to implement solutions in my own business every week.Megann Wilson
A really brilliant little book, perfect for the current climate – 101 instantly implementable ideas to save your business money. So simple even I could understand it…. And I went to art school.Lee Trott
This is a brilliant, practical book. Don’t let it’s unassuming appearance put you off — it’s an encyclopedia of smart actions every business owner should consider. Will never let it out of my sight. I HIGHLY recommend.Doug Garnett